Woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend... Just when I thought life could not get any better I heard a knock on my door, it was Cancer.
It changed everything but not for the worse. I choose Life and Hope .
BACK OFF CANCER is what I say!

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head
Me, Francesca, on April 1st 2007, the day I shaved my head....

Monday, October 29, 2007

26.2 miles vs 42 Km!


So yesterday Carsten ran his first European Marathon!
The Lucerne Marathon in dah! Lucerne!
He did great finishing at 3:33 mins. On the way back we talked about how your mind plays such an important role in anything that you do as yesterday Carsten ran 42 KM and not 26.2 Miles ... The distance is exactly the same but the numbering piling up made him feel that he was running longer!
Congratulations Amore!

PS: At least I weigh less in Kilos then in Pounds!

2 comments:

JenNY said...

Oh, it makes a huge difference. Especially in cooking. Made one of my favorite recipes, which I have been making for 20 years, and somehow - although equally delicious - it came out 'more' than I remembered. Hmm, a slight chance I didn't make all the conversions just right...
Congratulations to Carsten!!

Unknown said...

Herzlichen Glueckwunsch Carsten!