Woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend... Just when I thought life could not get any better I heard a knock on my door, it was Cancer.
It changed everything but not for the worse. I choose Life and Hope .
BACK OFF CANCER is what I say!

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head
Me, Francesca, on April 1st 2007, the day I shaved my head....

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mission Accomplished!


During a random day when I was really sick, A's Mom look at both of us and said: - When all this cancer Bullshit will be finished.. please go on a trip! Leave the kids with the husbands and just go.. even if to the next corner.. but GO CELEBRATE.. go laugh and have a good time!

Well... It took a whole year but A. and I headed to Miami, rented a convertible and had 4 Magic days at the beach... Sun... and we laughed non stop......it was truly perfect.. including sunrise and sunset watching, drinking Rose wine and getting Free Ice Cream.... We meet old friends.. sang out loud oldies Brazilian Music and even went running down the hotel stairs as we heard a fire alarm... (but we had not paid attention to the warnings that was just a test!!! ) Can you imagine how much we laughed????

So, BBC ( A.'s Mom) : - THANK YOU for making the request .. I just ask you one thing... Please ASK AGAIN!!!!

Before and After Miami I got to spend time with some very dear friends... lazy , giggly dinners in NJ and a big soiree in NYC.... Thanks to all my friends that came.. old and new friends!!!

And.. to to top it all.. I met Amy !!!! ( Please go to ichoosehope.com and visit the post : Thanks to Cancer!!!!) It is incredible that we made it happen.. we met half way! That is also a mission that I wanted to accomplish ...



Truly perfect week.... and the icing on the cake: ... My boys waiting for me with a Sun filled Switzerland!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Leighbee said...

Lovely that you are reading to Shin's BLOG.I take strength from you too.Thank you for sharing.Is Krista a Janjik? If so,I taught her daughter Hannah,please give them my regards.Continue to be brave. x

Take care

Leigh x