Woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend... Just when I thought life could not get any better I heard a knock on my door, it was Cancer.
It changed everything but not for the worse. I choose Life and Hope .
BACK OFF CANCER is what I say!

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head
Me, Francesca, on April 1st 2007, the day I shaved my head....

Thursday, September 11, 2008

A day that changes everything...


I can't quite believe that it was 7 years ago . I think most people can remember where , with whom they were on 9.11.2001. I was in NYC.. about a 1/2 mile up from the towers. We were working and someone came in the back and said: - A plane ACCIDENTALLY hit the WTC. We ran to a TV and began to watch... and from one plane... it became another, and another .. and from Accidentally.. it became an Act of Terrorism.

Still a bit surreal , what did I think back then that I was going to be doing 7 years later. So much has happened... mostly JUST GOOD.. but also bad, as in cancer.

With all due respect to all people affected by the 9/11 Tragedies... Cancer is much worse than 9/11. Not because I suffered through it... but the numbers are astonishing.

Every day 1500 people die of cancer in the US alone... so ..(again without offending anyone)... cancer kills as many people as 9/11 EVERY 2 DAYS!!!!! Crazy...

And don't get me started on all the money that has been spent by government to make something like a Revenge... or find the people who did it!!!

Please.. bring these kids HOME.... leave the land that IS NOT YOURS... and start spending the money on disease prevention and research ( amongst many others needy causes) ...

So for me.. the day that changed everything ... was 3.21.2007...... My 9/11.

Today I really MISS NEW YORK!!!!

big kiss to everyone...

1 comment:

Maartje Niekel said...

Very well said Francesca.

*big kiss*

Maartje