Woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend... Just when I thought life could not get any better I heard a knock on my door, it was Cancer.
It changed everything but not for the worse. I choose Life and Hope .
BACK OFF CANCER is what I say!

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head
Me, Francesca, on April 1st 2007, the day I shaved my head....

Thursday, April 19, 2007

How much is a Good Cry worth?

In Portuguese there is an expression called: "a knot in your throat"... basically is that feeling that you have just before you are about to start crying.. you may or may not end up crying but the feeling is there.... I had a few "knots in my throat" and finally allowed myself a good , long, sobbing cry.... It does not mean that I am less strong or optimistic. My friend Robbie said that tears are toxins leaving your body! It was actually so liberating and I felt so good afterwords (although I was all read and puffy eyed!) that I think I should "book crying time " in my weekly schedule... let's see!

The second cycle of chemo was for sure harder than the first... you really only start feeling the effects of it about 4 days into it and then it HITS YOU... But I knew this was coming and I am prepared for the fight. ( i just hope that it doesn't get worse and worse ...I still have a long way to go....) Impatience might become my worst enemy... and I am looking for ways to improve on that.


There is a fantastic book by a fantastic lady that I know called: "CANCER VIXEN" by Marisa Marchetto.www.cancervixen.com/ If you are at the book store... take a look.. you might even want to pick up a copy... GREAT ! Period!

A friend sent me this mantra below and I thought of it to be so great that I had to share... Thanks Larry!

The Amazon warrior has cut her hair in preparation of battle with the disgusting, low-life, parasitic scum – cancer. She advances to meet it head on and over power cancer with her confidence. Cancer withers in her presence as it fails to succeed in its use of fear and intimidation that it relies upon to overtake its victims. The Amazon warrior is unfazed by cancer’s futile attempts to frighten her. As she commences her assault, the cancer realizes that she has no fear of it and becomes panicked, retreating in a pathetic attempt to avoid humiliation. The retreat is futile as the warrior has no mercy for this scumbag, cancer, and she relentlessly pursues the invader. The nearer she gets the further the cancer retreats. Eventually, she overtakes the retreating villain, and finds that it has lost all of its power and has been reduced to a minuscule and powerless tiny creature. She lifts her booted foot and brings all her weight down in a tremendous stomp that squashes what remains of the cancer into oblivion.

Visualize it, live it, be it.

Many kisses and enjoy the great Spring weather coming our way..


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dearest Francesca,
It's been a while since I've heard from you; but I've been checking your amazing blog every so often for updates. Your haircut looks amazing, it just proves how confident, strong and fearless you are! I would love to talk to you. Please call or e-mail me amplatt@gmail.com
Youre truly an inspiration!
Love,
Adeena