Woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend... Just when I thought life could not get any better I heard a knock on my door, it was Cancer.
It changed everything but not for the worse. I choose Life and Hope .
BACK OFF CANCER is what I say!

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head
Me, Francesca, on April 1st 2007, the day I shaved my head....

Saturday, July 7, 2007

The Truth.... Nothing but the Truth!

So... I have not been been travelling to Bali nor have I gone to full body liposuction to Brazil...

The truth is I have been very sick and had to stay in the hospital for close to a week. scary? overwhelming? depressing? All of the above but I came home yesterday and I have to start to get my positive outlook back as Dr. Goy told me I will undergo a few more chemos and at that time I will stay at the hospital for a week at that time so they can monitor how I feel.

Carsten and I call him "Ratatouille" .. he is great !!! So was everyone back at the hospital , a place I really had not visited since the beginning of this whole ordeal. The Cancer Center is operated as a very independent entity from the hospital, different nurses, different protocols.. much more like a Day Spa and the hospital is like a Destination Spa ( am i going crazy???? NO, just trying to find good lighthearted analogy's)

Although I am not proud of being sick , I am proud that I have mastered some lingo and can actually give some meaningful advise /suggestions to my care team. I Know what nepogen is and the names of many other drugs and I know what they do and the effect that they have on my body...and that is empowering... in some level... I am not so clueless anymore.

Leonardo thought I "was working" and when I came home he said: No working so long Mommy!!!! with tears in my eyes I hugged him tight and forgot a lot of the pain....

I will keep everyone updated and thanks for all the well wishes..

PS: Xanda: Valeu! Talvez era essa a vez que voce tinha que ter vindo comigo... eu sei que deve ter sido horrivel me ver daquele jeito mas eu senti tanta forca com voce e Gracas a Deus voce nao esqueceu a sua bolsa!!!! Vamos pra Bali?????

PS: I will go to Bali once and MAYBE do a whole body liposuction too.... big kiss xoxoxoxox

No comments: