Woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend... Just when I thought life could not get any better I heard a knock on my door, it was Cancer.
It changed everything but not for the worse. I choose Life and Hope .
BACK OFF CANCER is what I say!

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head
Me, Francesca, on April 1st 2007, the day I shaved my head....

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Happy & Grateful!



So the test came and went and on the same day, at 9 pm at night, my dear Dr. Strebel called me with the good news that the scans were clean. His words: "scans looked like someone who never had cancer before". He was so sweet and genuinely as happy as I was to be able to deliver the news. Needless to say that celebration broke out at the Giessmann house hold. I feel so fortunate and grateful! Grateful that I am cancer free, grateful that now I have hair and have to begin to worry about bad hair days, grateful that I must use my tweezers on my eyebrows again, grateful that I have a cold and is just that a cold, like every other "normal person".
Thank you for the good wishes, prayers and vibes! Next scan in about 4 months! I will try to worry about that one only in 3 months and 3 weeks :)
much love to all
big kiss

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Esta foi a melhor notícia do ano!!!!
Pode ter certeza que vou abrir uma champa hoje mesmo para comemorar mais esta sua vitória, amiga!
Te amo de paixão
Pati

Jul said...

Yay!!!!! Fabulous news. So happy to hear.

Cecilia said...

awesome news!

Wanda said...

I am so happy for you! I always admire your strength and tenacity! You are an inspiration to us all. Thinking of you fondly. Take care!

Anonymous said...

maravilha minha linda, parabéns!!!!!!!