Woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend... Just when I thought life could not get any better I heard a knock on my door, it was Cancer.
It changed everything but not for the worse. I choose Life and Hope .
BACK OFF CANCER is what I say!

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head
Me, Francesca, on April 1st 2007, the day I shaved my head....

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Cancer and Work



There was this article on today's NYT about cancer and going back to work.

I have not gone back to work since treatment. Partially it was because of our move here to Switzerland but mostly is because I think I am not ready. I do not mean that I am not healthy enough to go back... What I mean is that I am not ready to face some Bullshit that comes with some of the jobs that I was involved in my past. The fragility of life has "schoked me".. .and I know my tolerance for Bull shit has decreased significantly... ( it was not very high to begin with!)

I am lucky that for now, I do NOT NEED to work... But to be 100% honest, I miss work.. I miss being part of team and being productive. Trust me when I tell you that I am NOT sitting around eating bomboms and watching Oprah! ( ops! no O here!) .. I am very busy with studding, our place, Leonardo etc. But I began recently to look at some work.

I am taking my time to find something that will be esciting stimulating and NO BULLSHIT!!!! Maybe that does not exist ! If someone know of that dream job..let me know!

big kiss and Happy Birthday Amy!

3 comments:

Jul said...

If you find a good no-bullshit job, let me know where it is, too!

Good luck with the search. :)

Unknown said...

Frannie, that dream workplace will be very lucky to have you!!

Joëlle weblog said...

You could become my personal assistant...? :-)
But serious. Sometimes good jobs (without bullshit) can be found in unexpected corners.
Big hug, Joëlle