Woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend... Just when I thought life could not get any better I heard a knock on my door, it was Cancer.
It changed everything but not for the worse. I choose Life and Hope .
BACK OFF CANCER is what I say!

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head
Me, Francesca, on April 1st 2007, the day I shaved my head....

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Freundins ( That is Girlfriend in German!!)

I have been really lucky here in Switzerland about meeting friends and all and feel that now .. my new GF's deserve mention and a post ... Specially since today I had one GF ( R.) at home ( a planned date with the kids) and then my bell rang and ANOTHER GF (G.- she is actually GF AND neighbor) just stopped by.... I really love this "local feeling"...

So, my very first GF that I met was J. .. .we had communicated via email and we et up for a coffee by the Kunsthaus .. she moved to Germany shortly after but she gave me a feeling that I was going to meet many cool GF's here...

Then I met J.and A..... they are both "spooglers" ( wife of googlers) ad although we don't see each other often I like knowing that they are just a "text" away..

Through an online group.. I met C. ( her kids actually go to the same school as Leonardo).. we "clicked online" and she introduced me to S.... and instant match.. .we have really had already such good times.. with AND without the kids.. .she actually took me out last week and we laughed so hard that I almost chocked on my sushi... We click in many ways. .she is a bit of a hero with that many kids ( so is C. , together they have 7 children...LOCO!!!!) .. but they make it look sooooo easy...

At my German class I met M.... we are so silly together that our teacher has actually asked us NOT to sit together . .what are we? 12???? But I eagerly await to class and to our cappuccinos after words... Today I actually DID choke on a piece of bread because she makes me laugh SO HARD.... She is faboulous and loving. .she actually teaches German to disabled children ( and her German .. lets say it..still needs improvement .. ) but that just shows the person she is...

So.. I still miss and will always miss my dear GF's all over the world.. .but as I frequently say: I feel lucky .. . and my "Swiss" GF's just confirm that!

Thank you Girls!
xoxoxo

No comments: