Woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend... Just when I thought life could not get any better I heard a knock on my door, it was Cancer.
It changed everything but not for the worse. I choose Life and Hope .
BACK OFF CANCER is what I say!

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head

The beginning of this journey...shaving my head
Me, Francesca, on April 1st 2007, the day I shaved my head....

Monday, August 18, 2008

How can it be ???

This past Saturday I got the news that Leroy Sievers had passed away.

I have mentioned Leroy and his "My Cancer " blog very often here.

His blog page began as :

After that day, your life is never the same. "That day" is the day the doctor tells you, "You have cancer." Every one of us knows someone who's had to face that news. It's scary, it's sad. But it's still life, and it's a life worth living. "My Cancer" is a daily account of my life and my fight with cancer.

How can it be that I feel so connected to a man that I have never met? Never spoken to?

How can I ache for his wife ????

But I do... much like I feel connected to many virtual friends that I have made during this journey.

Leroy , with his eloquent but so honest writing wrote what I felt. More than once I actually wanted to post his blog post on my blog. .word by word... because they were so accurate.. But I guess so many people on C world feels that way...

I have contemplated "closing" this blog.. .ENOUGH OF CANCER... but I just cant... if what I write can help.. one person.. .just one.. from near or far... it stays on... this is what Leroy did.. he wrote. .everyday.. the good days when he was sipping Mai Tais in Hawaii and also the bad days when the end was so near....

Go rest my dear Leroy! Go wear Hawaiian shirts, drink Mai Tais and drive your jeep!!!!

xo
fg

No comments: